During a club training session:
- Please arrive on time & do your pre-swim stretches
It’s bad manners to be late; rushing to catch up without stretching can cause injury. If you can’t avoid being late, you should apologise to your coach.
Late arrivals may be refused entry to the session for safety reasons.
- Always shower before entering the pool.
- Tick your name on the register provided
- Enter the pool carefully when directed…. no jumping in!
- The Coach does the talking…….
The Swimmer Should Pay Attention
Paying attention means…..
Listen and watch (your coach will often demonstrate what is wanted)
Minimise talking together unless your coach allows it
- Learn the codes on the board…..this will save you many questions.
If you don’t understand, put your hand up, do not call out!
- Remember, there is no such thing as ‘I can’t’.
Every exercise set IS possible, it might just be hard work!
- No playing or horseplay will be allowed, this may be dangerous.
Fun time will be offered but it needs to be earned!
- Leave the pool over the end or side immediately when directed.
- Do not leave early without the prior permission of your coach.
- ‘Thank you’ to your coach at the end of the session is very welcome.
- Remember, your coaches are all volunteers who give up their time freely for your benefit. Please respect this.
Ruthin Rays Swimming Club Standards
To ensure smooth operation with little disruption every club such as this has to set basic standards for acceptable behaviour. These are given here in the form of a ‘Swimmers Charter’.
Guidelines for parents are also givenbelow.
You are very welcome on poolside to watch any session.
If you need to talk to a coach who is teaching please wait until the session finishes unless the matter is urgent.
Alternatively please make an appointment via any committee member.
For a club training session…….
- Please ensure your child arrives at the session on time.
A swimmer rushing to catch up without stretching and proper warm-up can cause themselves injury.
If you can’t avoid being late, you should ask your child to explain to the coach.
Very late arrivals may be refused entry to the session for safety reasons.
- Please collect your child promptly after the session finishes.
New Child Protection Procedures mean the club is responsible for the children until they are collected by a nominated adult. There have been occasions when children have been left waiting and the coach then has to wait as well.
- If you need to take your child early please try to arrange this with the coach at the beginning of the session.
- If you need to talk to a coach who is teaching please wait until the session finishes – unless the matter is urgent. Alternatively please make an appointment via any committee member.
- Parents are very welcome on poolside to watch any session.
The centre expects you to ensure your shoes are fit for the poolside with no mud in the tread.
- No playing or horseplay will be allowed for safety reasons.
Occasional fun time will be offered to the swimmers.
- ‘Thankyou’ to the coach at the end of the session is very welcome.
- Remember, the coaches are all volunteers who give up their time freely for your benefit. Please respect this.
Chris (Coach CNRSC)